Welcome!

Thanks for checking me out! This is a work in progress so far, but before too long I will be up and running smoothly. Check back for book and movie reviews, challenges, and much more! Feedback welcome :)

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Guilty Pleasure #1


Guilty Pleasures is hosted by C.J. Duggan and I LOVE it!!! If you haven't checked it out...do so NOW! Wednesdays will never be the same again.

My Guilty Pleasure this week:

“All right stop, collaborate and listen.” Anyone who grew up in the 80’s knows what’s coming next. My Guilty Pleasure is Vanilla Ice’s “Ice Ice Baby". I don’t know what it is, but everytime I hear this song I have to blare the stereo and sing at the top of my lungs. I blame it on high school. See, in my little high school we used to have these Spirit Weeks. During this week at the beginning and end of every year, a bunch of guys would get together, put on a pair of parachute pants and some over-exaggerated bling, and get up on stage before the entire school and perform our “school theme song”…that’s right…”Ice Ice Baby” was rocking my school. Which is actually kind of funny because this was in the late 90’s and Vanilla Ice was long-since un-cool. Doesn’t matter though, it was tradition and I loved every moment of it and still do. “Will it ever stop? Yo, I don’t know” but I can still see me rocking it to this song long into my wheelchair days in a nursing home while I tell my grand-children about the white rapper that threw this oh-so-catchy tune out for the whole world to love.

So there it is. I feel so much better getting that off my chest. Whew, what a relief. And now for your listening pleasure (and so you all can hate me later for getting this stuck in your head) I give you “Ice Ice Baby”!!!

7 comments:

  1. Bahahaha!! Spirit Weeks!
    You had me at "Stop collaborate and listen" BRILLIANT post!!! and Oh yes a absolute Guilty Pleasure! Welcome aboard!
    Oh Vanilla Ice I would ask where is he now? But I know where he is, he has a DIY show on pay t.v...I was like WHAT THE?? Not only does he rhyme like a champion he also does a mean kitchen make over :)

    Can't wait for more posts! Will add you to the list!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT!?!? HE Has a show?! Oh I am soo on that!

    Thanks for adding me. Love checking all the posts out! Gotta make it a regular on my page. You're a genius ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Vanilla Ice too! I think there are more of us but only a few of us are wiling to admit it. One time on Gilmore Girls Rory was acting mean and Lorelie said "Ice Ice Baby" and I laughed. Now that is my saying too.

    I love these Guility Pleasures. This is only my second week doing them. If you are interested in reading mine this week, you can find it here.
    MichelleKCanada
    http://anotherlookbookreviews.blogspot.com/2011/06/guilty-pleasures-2.html#comments

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vanessa! We have such similiar tastes in books it's not funny! I nearly squeeled when I saw your author of the month was Jeaniene Frost! Yes! Yes! Yes! O.K I am going to seriously name drop here (becuase that's the way I roll) But I sent Ms Frost a gushing fan message thanking her for the great work she does, and how I love her books. I didn't think much more of it and then months later she sent me a personal message thanking me! HOW COOL IS SHE?? (sure it was probably from her personal assistant?) but I still hold onto the dream!

    Oh and stud of the week? NICE! So Guilty Pleasures aside, I will deffitnatly be back for more :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a huge 80s fan and have so many guilty pleasures from that that era... Vanilla Ice's song is totally cool - I agree completely. Looking back now, it is funny though, but hey we must be 80s chicks. Great guilty pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @CJ: YES!! Spike and Jeaniene...two of my favs! I don't blame you for name dropping, it is SO cool that you got a message back...don't think about her assistant, I still live in the fanatsy world where ALL authors and actors personally answer their own fan mail, so YAY for you! You got a PERSONAL message from the great JF!! So great that you'll be checking back! I love your site and look forward to having you here too! Yay!

    @tfwalsh: The 80's rocked! Vanilla Ice, Madonna (she was practically my idol...pointy boobies and all), and big hair. I loved it!

    @Michelle: totally checking you out now. Thanks :) Love the Gilmore Girls!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness! It is like you read my mind! You seem to know a lot about this, like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you could do with some pictures to drive the message home a bit, besides that, this is informative blog post. A outstanding read. I will definitely return again.

    ReplyDelete