Welcome!

Thanks for checking me out! This is a work in progress so far, but before too long I will be up and running smoothly. Check back for book and movie reviews, challenges, and much more! Feedback welcome :)

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Theatrical Thursday

This week's pick is a movie that I had really looked forward to and well...see for yourself

Buried


Lead Role: Ryan Reynolds as Paul Conroy
Release: September 29, 2010
Genre: Thriller
Running Time: 95 mins
Director: Rodrigo Cortes
Rating: R
Average Reviews: 3/5 ***
Paul is a U.S. truck driver working in Iraq. After an attack by a group of Iraqis he wakes to find he is buried alive inside a coffin. With only a lighter and a cell phone it's a race against time to escape this claustrophobic death trap.

I LOVE Ryan Reynolds. I see him more of a comedic actor, but this movie sounded really good to me so I didn’t think I would mind him in it. Seriously…hot guy, Iraqi terrorists, suspense….had all the makings of a good movie in my opinion. So hubby and I decided one night (this was a while ago but still so fresh in my mind it isn’t funny) that we would watch this movie. Now, I am not much of an action movie kinda girl and we find it hard to watch movies together sometimes because we never agree. In his mind (and mine) this was a guy movie so he was not arguing when I said “Ok, let’s see it”. In the car we got and away we went.

At this point, I should say that it usually doesn’t take much to peak my interest. I am a pretty simple girl. As long as a movie has a decent storyline, some type of twist, and some man candy for me…I’m usually good.

If you haven’t seen this movie and still want to…please, avert your eyes now.

Please tell me who is responsible for giving me those 95 minutes of my life back. I would like a full refund.

Did I enjoy this movie? HA! I would have preferred watching one of those irritatingly predictable car chase movies I am always getting dragged to.

95 minutes of Ryan Reynolds = good

95 minutes of ONLY Ryan Reynolds stuck in a box = shoot me…please

Not going to go into more detail than that. Personally, I think I have said enough. If you enjoyed this movie or are still interested in seeing it…enjoy. This was just my opinion and just because I didn’t care for it, doesn’t mean you won’t think it’s the blockbuster hit of the year.

What did you think of it?



Movie information and summary found at IMDB

No comments:

Post a Comment